Texas law requires all license holders provide the Information About Brokerage Services
Overall, the climate of the Lake Travis and Lake Austin area is temperate with mild winters and relatively low humidity. The average rainfall is about 32 inches of rain a year, which means the sun shines more than 300 days a year. Temperatures average 74 to 94 degrees in the summer and 40 to 70 degrees in the winter. The average daily temperature is a lovely 78 degrees.
Its weather doesn't normally see huge extremes, although the change between hot and cold or dry and wet happen so quickly that it can seem like an extreme change. Although the summers can get hot and stay hot for weeks on end, it is normally pleasant and comfortable.
With the cool breeze off of the lakes, residents and vacationers enjoy the escape of the summer heat!
Average Monthly Temperatures
Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
* Temperate, Humid Subtropical: Mild winters; hot summers
* Average: 69 degrees Fahrenheit
* Average Low: 58
* Average High: 79
* Average Annual Rainfall: 32.1"
* Average Days of Sunshine: 300 or so (includes partly cloudy)
* Major Austin Weather Hazards: Flash Flooding; Summer Heat; Lightning;
* Average # of Days Above 90 degrees: 111
* Summer 2000 had 41 days at or above 100 degrees
* 100 plus days generally occur in June, July, and August but have occurred as
early as May and as late as October
* Average # of Days Above 80 degrees: 198
* Average # of Days Below 45 degrees: 88
* Average # of Days Below 32 degrees (freezing): 19
* Average Annual Snowfall: 0" (rarely snows)
Austin Weather Records
* Highest Recorded Temperature: 112 degrees on September 5, 2000
* Lowest Recorded Temperature: -2 on January 31, 1949
* Longest Dry Spell: 65 days in 1993
* Most Rain in 24-hr period: 19.03 inches September 9-10, 1921
* Snowfall Record: 9.7 inches on November 11, 1937
* White Christmas: Since 1926 there has been no snow on Christmas Day or
* Most recent significant snowfall: February 14, 2004; gone by noon
* Tornado: Last one in Austin and Travis County was May 27, 1997; Although
tornadoes are not rare in Central Texas, they are rare in Austin
Source for the information above: U.S. National Climatic Data Center
Jacqueline Wittmuss, Broker
5611 Hwy 290 West
Austin, TX 78735
The information herein has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable. However, no investigation has been made to determine the accuracy of such information. No person or entity should rely on the accuracy of this material without conducting a thorough, independent investigation of same. JW Properties has no liability expressed or implied relating to this information.